Software testing technique that performs using special automated testing software tools to execute a test case suite.
Test Automation is the best way to increase the effectiveness, test coverage, and execution speed in software testing. Automated software testing is important due to the following reasons:
- Manual Testing of all workflows, all fields, all negative scenarios is time consuming and costly
- It is difficult to test for multilingual sites manually
- Test Automation in software testing does not require human intervention. You can run automated test unattended (overnight)
- Test Automation increases the speed of test execution
- Automation helps increase Test Coverage
- Manual Testing can become boring and hence error-prone.